pre to facelift advice? (disaster pic inside)

taylor89

Club Member (Trial)
well just to start had a crash today with a brand new polo, (not my fault). anyway my bumpers twisted, headlights out and smashed indicator. need to get it back on the road as quick as possible but cant find any pre facelift parts around here, but local breakers got 2 facelifts in, know i'll need headlights, the grill, indicators and the bonnet. but anything else i'll need? like the bonnet hinges and catch etc? cheers
DSC00488600x450.jpg

cheers for help, but have to get it back on the road for tomorrow night, so the only stuff i can get hold of round here is facelift, just need to know what bits to get and is it a direct fit? headlight wiring etc? cheers

just to clear things up, i much prefer the pre facelift myself, but due to needing the car back on the road tomorrow night,and not being able to get any parts around here from salvage or breakers then will have to go for facelift parts for now. there easy to get hold of near me, but need to know what i'll need to swap it all over? and don't worry will definatly be going back to original parts once i manage to get hold of them

Let me answer you question, as no-one else will.... -_-

You will need facelift headlight adjusters/mounting brackets and facelift bonnet hinges.
I have a facelift bonnet in silver if you're interested?

Let me answer you question, as no-one else will.... -_-

You will need facelift headlight adjusters/mounting brackets and facelift bonnet hinges.
I have a facelift bonnet in silver if you're interested?

why would he need a bonnet and hinges tho ?

Bit off subject but where abouts are you ....always interested in Breakers with K10's in :grinning:

north east mate, but breakers was in redcar, had two in, one white, the other light blue both were full cars till i got there lol

In fact, I think I have a whole facelift front-end....

cheers for offer steve, but managed to get everything i needed the other day, everythings just bodged together atm, till i get the time and money to sort everything out properly, and get it back to original

darn!

Sorry I dont get on here much....

to convert to facelft you need:
headlights
optional sidelights (adjacent to headlights).....not mandatory since you allready have the combo lights in your bumper...but there will be a gap for a while if you chose not to
wiring harness mod (to reroute the sidelights on your indicators to the sidelights adjacent to the headlights)
bumper indicators (full indicators to replace the gold-dust split indicators and sidelight combination lamps)
Wings (if you want side repeaters)
another wiringharness mod (if you want side repeaters)
Facelift Grille
A modification to the front chassis member (to accept the new fixing position of the facelift grille)
Bonnet hinges (also requires a front chassis mod to accept one of the hinges since one of teh bolt positions is different)
Bonnet
Bonnet catch (if you want the bonnet to "pop-up" when you pull the lever)

...JOB DONE

meanwhile (back in the jungle)....I did this mod, so as to upgrade my headlights and fitt my 'bodged-in full beam spots that I grafted into my previous facelift micra's grille...LOL

so I have a small selection of PRE-FACELIFT front end parts if you are interested.....
(sorry no bonnet nor wings)
but have:
headlights & most fixings?
Side Lights
grille

I know its late now, but my advice for the short term would be to graft/bodge the required lighting and make safe any bodywork for the time being....the conversion is quite time consuming and mod-ose :-s

Hope this helps somehow matey :)

Rich

to convert to facelft you need:
headlights
optional sidelights (adjacent to headlights).....not mandatory since you allready have the combo lights in your bumper...but there will be a gap for a while if you chose not to
wiring harness mod (to reroute the sidelights on your indicators to the sidelights adjacent to the headlights)
bumper indicators (full indicators to replace the gold-dust split indicators and sidelight combination lamps)
Wings (if you want side repeaters)
another wiringharness mod (if you want side repeaters)
Facelift Grille
A modification to the front chassis member (to accept the new fixing position of the facelift grille)
Bonnet hinges (also requires a front chassis mod to accept one of the hinges since one of teh bolt positions is different)
Bonnet
Bonnet catch (if you want the bonnet to "pop-up" when you pull the lever)

???

Pre-facelift and facelift wings are the same except the facelift wings have an extra hole drilled in them for the front bumper mounts/

Heres mine with prefacelift front end but using facelift wings
c144c245.jpg

I didnt have to do any modifications for the front grille or bonnet hinges to fit them. Nor did I have to get the bonnet catch.

But you do need the headlight aim adjusters for the prefacelift front lights.

Back