Resoldering TB today, any last advice PLEASE!

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I did mine just yesterday!
Use somewhere between enough and lots of silicone. dont be cheap, but dont use too much.

Be prepared to re-correct your idle.
Mines running fast and i have no idea how to turn it down :(
Anyone got any tips on that?

Attachments

• 14283.jpg
    14283.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
There be a blue screw thingo on one edge near the brown plug.

You need to turn the car off, unplug that brown plug, start it back up and rev it from idle to 3000rpm 3 times and then adjust the screw.

Anti clockwise for more revs and clockwise for less revs.

I used a house key to adjust mine.

Nissan says it should idle at 650rpm. I found anywhere between 650rpm and 750rpm is good though. Mabye even higher if your aircon causes a fair old power draw on the motor.

Once you have it at an RPM you like you can turn it off, and put the brown plug back in. Start it up an see how it went.

If it is hard to correct the idle - you may have an air leak somewhere.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I tweaked mine up abit to around 1100 revs because the aircon brings it down closer to 500-600,I'll probably turn it up just a little bit more soon to around 800 revs when aircon is on.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Why is your aircon bringing your revs so low?

I had to do the same thing to chris's car because I couldnt get the ECU to make the car idle higher with the aircon on.

Checked it with the consult comptuer and it was working fine - the ECU was being told the aircon was running.

Wierd.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
There are 2 brown plugs, one on the East side of carby (over the TB plate) and one on the South. Im guessing its the south one Yom? Also, i see no blue screws... :(

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
No.

Brown plug which connects to a black connector which has 2 screws holding it onto the TB. It is on the driver's side and is easily visible without removing anything.

Blue screw thing is just underneath it, towards the rear of the TB.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hmm so if the RPM doesnt go up or down depending on electrical load/aircon load the issue could be related to the idle air control valve.

Take note Tony and GTRHOLIC!

CMF_1300supers

» CMF Member
Resoldering went good.. i've resolder the two rows of 3points.. i did notice there were some rust around the points but now lokks very nice!

went for a spin and looks good. but the starting problems didnt improve!
Didnt found any leek on injectors!!!

But stalling and hesitation seems to finally end!God help my micra to run good now!

THANX ALEX B FOR THE GUIDE!!!! AND THANX CISCO MICRA FILES!!!

CMF_1300supers

» CMF Member
As the air box was out i manage to install a KeN air filter.. didnt install the pipes but now with the KeN my cg13de sounds so DAMN GOOD!!!!!!

people in the street just look to my micra going loud... thats so cool! but i didn't notice any big difference!maybe because i didn't install a decent pipe to give enough fresh air...

CMF_Micra1978

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

I a new "one". Glad I found this website.
I just wanted let people know that I gave the resoldering trick a go.And it solved my problem.
My 1994 Micra (1.0l) would start to judder when the engine was warm. The problem would dissappear when engine cold. It felt like it didn't get any fuel. I have changed the fuel filter and spark plugs with no result. So I tried the resoldering. Took me 30 min and it really worked!

Back