Resistor Card

The blowers on my '93 are refusing to work for me on anything but full speed. I'm guessing that it's the resistor card under the glove box that needs replacing.
If anyone has got one from a scrappy to replace it, approx how much was it?

Bit out of money at the moment as paid the MOT, Insurance and bought a laptop ... took her for a service the other week then after getting a strange clicking noise whilst turning on full lock and it turns out that it needs two new driveshafts. Was quoted £84.99 each for them by Kwikfit after they serviced it, they must have got mixed up somewhere along the way as I was later rang by my mate, who works there and does all of it's bits and pieces, saying that the person who looked at it hadn't taken into consideration that it was an automatic. The price I've now been quoted is £130 each. Common fault?
Is it a common fault for all these issues to hapen at once LOL! :glare:

Please do not swear. Thank you

resistor card cost me £10 but some can get it for £5. so expect to pay £5-£15 for one. clicking when turning sounds like cv joints gone. not 2 new drive shafts :S

Resistor card price is pretty much random (inc free) depending on where you go, though think most pay about £5.

not sure on price for the driveshafts, maybe others will know better, though to me it sounds high. Plus you shouldnt be needing to replace the whole thing.

(Beaten to it ^^ Andy_S :))

Kayface, Andy is right about the clicking, sorry to say but you got taken for a nice ride, only time you need new shafts is if they snap, never known this to happen though, might want to get your "mate" to have it explained to you in writting and let us know.

Boots are torn on the driveshaft too. Guess I'll have to see if having new ones fitted fixes the problem lol. if not it'll be back up on the ramps for another look.
Can't see how it manage to get in that state when it has only just had an MOT, surely it would fil on that?! Nothing of the sort even came up on an advisory!
To be fair to the car, the only thing it's ever really needed before are brakes, tyres ad an exhaust ... excluding repairs from a drunk who hit it.

I got CV joint kits on ebay for mine when I had it for about £25ish each delivered. Just make sure you get the right ones for the car, as they're not interchangable.

Changing the resistor card for a nice new one worked, £13.99 was the cheapest I could get.
CV Joint is part of the driveshaft right? If so am not too bothered with having the whole thing put on there new.

i fixed mine by "lightly" sandin the resister tracks to expose em before carefully painting some conductive paint over em to re-establish the connections.
pop it back in after drying and hey presto, full working fan speeds:grinning:

conductive silver paint was from Maplin elec store, or you could use em window demister repair paint.

On the topic, does anyone know where to get a cheap resistor card? - checked ebay and they seem quite pricey!

cheers!!

Local scrappys? :D

If I can grab you one I could post it if that'd work out cheaper in total to do? Don't know when i'll be next at a scrappy though. Whats your postcode/area mate? :)

conductive paint or demister repair paint are bout a tenner and can fix alot of fan cards n other broken circuits, or if u have a m8 with such paint for repairing circuits?.

a simple fix still faultless since 2006

conductive paint or demister repair paint are bout a tenner and can fix alot of fan cards n other broken circuits, or if u have a m8 with such paint for repairing circuits?.

a simple fix still faultless since 2006

And it'd probs work out cheaper than me sending you one! ;)

I need one of these resistor cards too. Saw one on eBay for £45 and my local Nissan dealer quoted me £50! Guess it's time to call up local scrapyards?

Thanks, that might be useful! I tried to repair mine because there are numerous posts about it being easy. Haven't used a soldering iron in 10 years, gave it a go (cleaning with alcohol, sanding, resoldering) but it still doesn't work. :(

Back