WTB: Heater resistor card

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Hey all. I'm after a working heater resistor card for my Micra. Winter is almost upon us, and I don't want to spend another winter with the heater on full blast in order to keep warm!

I've tried repairing mine but it seems too far gone. Has somebody out there got a working one for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance. :)

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi LonePhantom,

I suggest you check your heater/aircon fan motor first before putting in the new resistor card. I put a new card in once and it failed after about 30mins....

Turned out the fan motor was drawing too much current (and 'burning out" the resistor card) because it had a problem... when i took the motor out I discovered the bearings or something where stuffed because it wouldn't spin very freely... Ended up having to get a replacement motor from a wrecker.

Just thought i would mention it so you don't have the same problem i did...

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Could try to find the rating of the blower fan and either change the fuse to something much lower to test with or place a fuse inline in the event that it isn't. It may be worth pulling it out anyway to check it as just a general maintenance thing. That said I'm not sure how easy/difficult it would be to pull it out.. never done it personally.

---dens

Back