Heater Resistor Card

Hi

I'm new to this forum and have tried the seach facilty. I'm a real novice at doing anything other than driving cars, but I must admit, compared to most modern cars, I should be able to do many minor jobs.

A couple of questions.

I've got K11 2002 1.0 Auto. The normal max fan setting only seems to work.

I have removed resistor card, but it seems much larger than those I've seen been posted around on the internet. Do the later K11's have a different card fitted?

Also, prior to finding this site, I sought of got the impression that it was worth cleaning out the heater motor etc. I've manged to remove mine, no problem. However it seems to me that this is pretty much a sealed unit.

I Look forward to any advice.

Thanks in advance.

frank

Club Member
hi lyrrad, i think there are 2 different types (that are interchangable) and i would leave the motor personally, unless it was blowing fuses or noisy

OP
OP
L
Hi Frank, thanks for prompt reply.

Yeah the car had only 9k on clock when I bought it in Oct (now 17k), so it's in pretty much good condition (to my eye). The motor and fan etc looks like new. I'm getting oil change every 6k, as I want to keep this 'workhorse' on the road doing it's 250 mile a week job in a 5sq mile area. I'm a bit concerned about the reliabilty of the 1.0 auto, but I took the view there seemed to be more reports of problems with the K12 than this one. I like it, but do miss central lockking and air con. However it puts a smile on my face when parking, filling it up.

Obviously a regular oil change is not going to be the be all and end all of looking after this car. Without incurring crazy dealership service costs, are there other things that would be obvious to a owner that I ought to be doing?

Thanks in advance