Reset MIL light now poor running

Hi

I have a 2000 k11 1.0 s which has a reoccuring problem with the MIL light coming on
it has been reset a couple of time by a mechanic, but it came on again last week, so i bought a cheap OBD II scanner off ebay and plugged it in. The fault as always was system too lean (bank 1) i reset it. Although the light has gone out the car now idles poorly after driving and at first seemed to lack power ( it drove perfectly with the light on). Could i have done some damage to the ECU or will it return to normal with a bit of driving?

I have had the lamda on the manifold area replaced twice during 2010 once for the mot emmisons and the second time for the light coming on (looks like i might have to get a third! but i dont understand why it would run fine before resetting the obd syatem but not now. Could i have erased something important or alted someting such as the engine timing?

ECU's shouldnt be that fraglie. Otherwise everybody would damage them usinf fault readers

When replacing the sensor. Was a universal one? or one specific to your car model?

A garage replaced the lambda for me on both occasions so i dont know for sure, but i dont think it will be a genuine nissan one

Have had the same problem ongoing on mine (2000 1.4) for ages, if you leave the light on it runs better as it's trying to compensate it but it's running rich probably, if it takes a while to come back on (80+ miles or so) it's probably the long term fuel trim tripping it going over 25%+.

Had my front lambda and MAF sensor changed to no avail, but not the back one as far as I can remember.

Hi there, The throttle body, check if its a Hitachi, if it is then thats your fault. People sometimes dont think outsoide the box :wow: I guarantee replace the throttle body and it will cure it, bad thing is they are mega bucks. Scrappy best bet.
Any help needed im here

Strange this morning, was driving along and happened to glance at my dashboard - my light has gone out. fwn
However, plugged code reader in and fault is still logged. Light comes on as normal with ignition though so it's not blown or anything daft from being on too long. I seem to remember a thread from searching this forum sometime that the light was coming on depending on the fuel level, mine just dipped under a quarter of a tank today. Shall have to dig out that thread.

Edit: found it; http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/16414-Emissions-light-and-full-tanks-of-fuel

Strange this morning, was driving along and happened to glance at my dashboard - my light has gone out. fwn
However, plugged code reader in and fault is still logged. Light comes on as normal with ignition though so it's not blown or anything daft from being on too long. I seem to remember a thread from searching this forum sometime that the light was coming on depending on the fuel level, mine just dipped under a quarter of a tank today. Shall have to dig out that thread.

Edit: found it; http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/16414-Emissions-light-and-full-tanks-of-fuel

Ive had this fault before on post 99 k11,s the eccs system is totally different to pre 99 k11 due to emssions under the European directive. I have done poss around 20-25 k11 over the years with Hitachi maf / tb assy, the fault was always this. Early mafs had the solder break up, the Hitachis have this prob.

Ive had this fault before on post 99 k11,s the eccs system is totally different to pre 99 k11 due to emssions under the European directive. I have done poss around 20-25 k11 over the years with Hitachi maf / tb assy, the fault was always this. Early mafs had the solder break up, the Hitachis have this prob.

Mine is a post '99, but I thought they changed to a Bosch throttlebody with removable MAF for the OBDII Micras in 2000? Is it really Hitachi instead?

Back