Reserve Mielage

How many miles roughly can your k11 do on reserves, my problem is that i never get accurate fuel measurement's. Is there anyway around this. I have drive around when the needle was at the direct bottom and the car for about 2 miles still did not turn off.

after the fuel light comes on I dont like to go further than 20 miles.

I don't understand my fuel light comes on it drops half way then rises then drops completely, has any one else got this type of fuel measurement problem, I would like it to be consistent in showing the proper amount.

I don't think I get anything near 5 miles on reserve light.

I'll taken my 1.0 right below the red line quite a few times, but i've stopped doing that since i had water in the fuel pump

when i took out the fuel tank on mine and drained the remaining fuel, it was just above/on the red iirc and there was somthing like 2-2.5 petrol cans of petrol left in...so it'll get you a fair way, but i wouldnt like to estimate how far as ive never driven it till it was completely out.

it could be that you are very nearly out of petrol and the gauge float in the tank, is being bottomed out as the petrol is moving around in the tank, making the gauge move up and down...(unless ive misunderstood your description)

needle at bottom

Hi,

Today I was driving with the needle all the way to the bottom, I drove a few miles to get milk and back, seemed to be no problem. I took the petrol can with me hoping it might turn off somewhere but it didn't.

I seriously need help in resolving this needle measurement issue, it shouldn't be sitting at the direct bottom if the car is still running. Ive gathered few suggestions from people about what it could be:

Fuel filter
ECU reset (could someone tell me how)
O2 sensor
Spark plugs

also, would the air filter make any difference (mine is clean).

Thankyou

Once i go underneath the red (as far as the needle drops) i can get around 40 miles before i decide to fill up.

Does the needle stay at the bottom of the meter even after you have refueled?

Drove till I went out

Once i go underneath the red (as far as the needle drops) i can get around 40 miles before i decide to fill up.

Does the needle stay at the bottom of the meter even after you have refueled?

Today I was driving and I think i managed to get about 32/33 miles. I had about 3 liter's of petrol in the can. I think that was good considering the meter was at the bottom. I drove and it turned off slowly, didn't jerk just slowly turned off and I pulled up to the side. I think when the petrol is just about to end you'll have the car vibrate for about a mile, it will lose performance in the throttle.

You have to put the petrol in, then leave the car and do not turn it on for about 10-15 minute's. I tried turning it on straight away, it made a jerking type of noise (tried turning on but went out straight away).

Waited for about 10 minute's with my friend, then started it. I went to the petrol pump, done a full tank which was 37 liter's. I think I put in about 2 1/2 from the can. The tank is quite big then. Someone on the forum told me the petrol will just spill if you keep the pump in there, it makes a click when its full.

Hopefully I can get about 370 miles out of here or at least 350 excluding the reserves.

The Nissan Manual says 40 liters and I think that is right.

I drive a K11 3DR 1999 V Reg Manual 1.0 Inspiration.

I meant to say Today I was driving and I think i managed to get about 32/33 miles when the needle was at the bottom.

Ems fuel light came on yesterday and filled it up pretty much straight away, but only took 31 litres. Don't think she filled it to the very top so probably had about 6/8 litres left.

Back