k12 reserve fuel capacity?

Hi All,
I know my K12 has a fuel tank capacity of 46 litres but does anyone know at what point the low fuel reserve light comes on?

When I fill up the fuel gauge needle passes the full mark by maybe 4mm and the reserve light comes on when the fuel needle is maybe 4mm above the low fuel mark ?

fwn

cheers all

bloody hell only 46l. No wonder the tank is always empty.

Anyway....I ran mine dry one day because I suspected faulty fuel gauge (obviously not), and I had a substantial distance between light and no fuel. About 30klm.
On the down side, it died immediately when it ran out of fuel, no spluttering etc as a warning

Oh ok, well thats a start so we've got 30k to play with once the light comes on! I have to tell the wife 15k or she will run it dry every week!!!! fwn

Mine seems very accurate. As soon as the needle broatches the red final square, it beeps and the orange light comes on. The trip meter says about 43 miles left from that point. Never really tested it though :eek:.

definately a problem with my guage then, the light comes on about 1/3 of the way between the red line and 1/4 tank of fuel, maybe its a dodgy sender unit?

In mi case the orange light it turns on in the last line, I think the is very alarmist, in other cars it turn on in the reserve area of the fuel panel.

I agree, I've done a good 30 miles before after the beep. I reckon the final total would be 40-50 miles. Remember the Top Gear where Jeremy diesel Jag got to Blackpool with loads to spare when the trip meter said he should've run out of diesel 100 miles ago :)?

Back