Replacing drive belts

K11 1997 Nissan Micra Shape 1.0

The two drive belts on the wife's K11 are looking a bit past there best, small cracks all over them.

There are two belts on the left of the block one is obviously the alternator belt and looks straightforward to change but the other I assumed was the cambelt until I searched and found out that K11's have chains.

So what does this belt drive and how do I go about changing it? Obviously once I am told I will no doubt kick myself (Y)

Cheers in advance

That belt drives the steering pump and water pump.
If you look behind the left wheel underneath the car you`ll see a pulley with stud at the bottom. You need to unbolt it ( you`ll see that the pulley goes down) to release that belt.
Good luck!

the broader outer belt is the alternator belt (is longer if you also have aircon) and the inner thinner belt is auxilery which runs the waterpump (is longer if you have PAS).

remove alternator belt first
then remove auxilery belt (same tension mechanism as the alternators) by loosening the nut on the tensioner wheel pivot to unlock then turn the adjuster bolt to lower the wheel away from the belt (clockwise to loosen i think)

Back