Correct drive belts needed but confused....

Hi

I need to replace both the belts on my K11. It's a model with PAS, no AC.

ECP/Carparts4less and others list lots of belts such as: Water Pump (but no mention of with/without PAS), Alternator with A/C (which is obviously not for mine), then you get others that say Water Pump - With or Without A/C (which I though was run off the alternator belt!).

I AM REALLY CONFUSED!!

So really I need to know are all the water pump/PAS belts all the same (i.e. the same whether you have AC or not)? and similarly, are all the alternator belts the same or is AC and non-AC the only difference?

http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/er_...essor_and_power_steering_belt/illustration_1/

25062721447169.png

Many thanks. Mine's top middle. So looks like all pas belts are the same, and need the non ac alternator belt. Will go back to the parts web site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been back on the parts site and see this is where I get confused - I know and have seen that the Alternator and PAS/Water pump run on separate belts (so I need belts 2 & 5 from the picture above) but when I look for the right belts I get helpful descriptions like:
Number 4PK648 Type V Ribbed Belt
Engine Code CG10DE Fitted Quantity 1
Other Information Water Pump, With or Without A/C

but the water pump isn't on the same belt as the AC so wtf?! Might as well add "without sunroof" or 3-door models, or something else as irrelevant or misleading!

Then I'm trying to find the alternator without AC when I see:
Supplier Part Number 6PK675 Type V Ribbed Belt
Fitted Quantity 1 Date From 09/1993
Other Information Alternator, With PAS, Without A/C

What difference does PAS have on the separate alternator belt?! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I guess these are the right two belts I want but it really isn't clear!

Phnarr Phnarr!! Oooh errr Misses!!

no, becasue they are both still on the car but that might be an option - I don't want to immobilize both cars at the moment though :(

Phnarr Phnarr!! Oooh errr Misses!!

no, becasue they are both still on the car but that might be an option - I don't want to immobilize both cars at the moment though :(

alternatively instead of loosening the tensioners n removing all the belts,
perhaps you could wrap the outside of the belts, plus where the tensioner pushes it inwards, with some string and then measure the string and use that to check if the local motor factors have that belt?

Back