Auxilliary Drive Belts

Has anyone produced a "How To" on renewing the two aux. drive belts on a K11 Special Edition (2001) model Micra with a 1.4 litre engine and air con? Thanks in anticipation.

if you can find a number on the belt then just go ask for one of those.

If not just take it off and take it into the store...

failing that the belt numbers are generally of the form QPKRXYZ where Q is the number of ribs the belt has and RXYZ is the length of the belt in millemetres. eg 4PK0990 would be a 4 ribbed belt 990mm long or it may be length divided by ten I can't remember...

Pray to god, but row to shore...

Last edited:
if you can find a number on the belt then just go ask for one of those.

If not just take it off and take it into the store...

failing that the belt numbers are generally of the form QPKRXYZ where Q is the number of ribs the belt has and RXYZ is the length of the belt in millemetres. eg 4PK0990 would be a 4 ribbed belt 990mm long or it may be length divided by ten I can't remember...

Pray to god, but row to shore...

Thanks for the replies; but I've already got the belts - it's the correct procedure to fit & adjust them correctly that I need. I'm a novice at this sort of thing!

I'm not really sure what you're having issues with, you took the belts off right? put them back on the same way.
I generally judge a belt to be tight enough if I get less than say 6 or 7mm deflection over a reasonably long run (gap between pulleys) there's probably something in Haynes...

I'm not really sure what you're having issues with, you took the belts off right? put them back on the same way.
I generally judge a belt to be tight enough if I get less than say 6 or 7mm deflection over a reasonably long run (gap between pulleys) there's probably something in Haynes...

I haven't taken the belts off yet - I said "I have got the belts", meaning I have bought them. It's the procedure to remove & fit them I need!

....and if you get mixed up with your trouser belt. ...that's an easy one to realise your pants would be round your ankles. ..even people would let you know if you done that through a quick visual :) :)

Back