Replacing CGA3DE engine with HR12DDR engine?

Hi!

I have got K11 Micra (2001) with CGA3DE engine. As the gearbox seems to be broking down, I have started to think about replacing the whole power train with a newer and more powerful one.

Legislation in my country allows replacing the CGA3DE engine (and the gearbox) with HR12DDR engine (and the gearbox). HR12DDR is the K13 supercharged engine.

So, my question is what needs to be taken into account when planning this swap? Which will be the most difficult problems / challenges? How shall I solve them?

For example, how about the ECUs? Would it be sensible to replace the original ECU with K13 ECU?

All your views are much appreciated. Thanks!

good luck trying to get a supercharged 3 cyl direct injected HR to run from a CGA ecu naatti:) you would probably need a complete K13 donor car

Frank: Thanks for wishes! Do you think that K13 ECU will fit the rest of K11 Micra (e.g. instrument panel)?

The idea is exactly to look for a crashed donor car and to take all those parts that are necessary. I am now doing a "feasibility study" of this project and all your comments are highly valuable indeed.

Which parts should be taken from the donor car to make this swap work?

i dont know a thing about it but id use the dials clock that go with the engine/loom and make em fit, i dont know a thing about it,just a little bit :)

they started from scratch with a different platform tho naatti, the k12 was the B platform with totally different running gear to the k11 (more akin to the modus and clio) and the k13 is the V platform, so different again no doubt

Back