SR16VE engine swap

Sparcoxs

Buy & Sell Member
Hi guys,

Just wondering how difficult this engine change is to do. Obviously you'd need the full wiring loom,ECU, driveshafts, gearbox and possibly hubs.

Now the main thing is the engine mounts. Would these be the same as the GA16 engine and therefor you would either need to cut the chassis leg a bit or run with an electric water pump. Is there anyone in this country that has done this engine conversion at all.

Would love some more power but a lot more. I know they're expensive engines etc but it's just a thought I've had for a while now that's been picking at my brain so I had to ask.

Cheers,
Rob

So it's clearly quite a big job then by the sound of things with custom made mounts the lot and obviously very little room under the bonnet. What's the RS5F30 gearbox out of Frank?

Rob you and me are on the same wave length this is what I am pushing towards to put in the kit car, I am also looking for some pictures etc of under the bonnet as I have searched the net and there are loads of K11`S in Japan with this conversion and they sound awsome but I cant find any pictures of this transplant

SR16 is pretty much same as normal SR20 externally. SR16 head on a SR20 also makes a lot of power. I have mapped SR VVL engines and they are not too bad at all really.

Back