cube cga3de s-alpha engine

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
sorry i know iv asked this before but as im in japan and i really want a cg series engine that has 101ps(75kw)standard, same as new swift but even here they are rare so does any 1 know any major differences(visual) that can distugish between the alpha spec cga3de and the run of the mill cga3de(i think they both use coilpacks with no dissy as such)
the differences between the two cga3de and alpha spec are 9.5:1 vs 10:1 compression,different cams, different ecu, higher redline, [better flowing heads,less piston weight stronger rods,full balance,better water and oil Passages(have herd from a few micra guys in suzuka,and these are also not 100% as its hard to confirm but as the engines r making alot more power it makes sence and they were build by nismo and they had to have full warranty.

i no its easy to build up a cg13de to this power level as nissan always under power rates there cars eg.gtr,s15,gti-r but if the power starts at 75kw with standard airbox,zorst and ecu tune i think it will be a fun engine with basic mods(also herd that a cga3de exhaust cam is better 220 lift vs 214 but not sure)

any help would be a big help

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yes well stamped on the block near where the bellhousing would bolt on it wil say CGA3.

next visual sign that I can think of is the exhaust manifold. It has a heatsheild and underneath it will be of a tubular design. Its not cast iron like the normal CG exhaust manifold. Thats the only visual sign that I could find on the pictures I found courtesy of our friends in Taiwan!

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
thanks would be able to post some piks. also i dont want to sound silly but wouldnt the cga3de and alpha cga3de both have cga3 on the block.
but iv seen one of the tublar manifolds on ebay before so thats a good way to cheack as most cga3de in cube dont really get moded in that way over here there like a "LOOK" car

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
thats correct about the cga3 stamping.

THe issue is that often you can't tell the difference between a CGA3 and a CG13 from the outside. They both look the same so I thought it may as well mention it would be stamped on the block.

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
yea i no wat u mean just been lookin back through old threds and some members must be sick to death of it but "i just want one"(and im not talkin about a hsv)

finding them is hard enough but i thing the manifold is enough info.
and if i buy a normal cga3de with nice manifold its still cool just have to keep the money nice and low

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh well frankly mate I think you'd be better off just building your own high compression CGA3DE.

The aplha spec cga3 is certainly a nice looking motor a far as the specs go but I bet nissan have squeezed everything they could out of it and there wouldn't be much left in it. You building your own... well the only limit is your budget!

CMF_lewis

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 19649.jpg
    19649.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 37

CMF_blake83

» CMF Member
maybe your right yom but after market turbo or high comp na cars arnt designed by factory enginers dont want to say factory is the best but tuners have learnt that normal restrictions are intake and exhaust y is there such big gains on some cars eg micra because they were designed to.
be quite and have a low rpm torque band to suit most markets(auto) be good on fuel and have loww emissions(for the whole world)
then u also have to build the engine to cope with **** fuel
most of the americas have a choice of 87RON or 91RON and sometimes if your lucky in some part of the US high octane 94RON

but when nissan design for just japan with performance in mind and use japans 98/100RON fuel only the results would be kinnda cool

but the is still a part of me that want a shaved-big bored(LIKE 1.6) angry cams and quard throttles but.....

Back