Removing Rear suspension

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi guys

Im having some problems removing the rear shocks. I know that your meant to hold the pin bit still whilst turning the nut, however i havent got anything that'l grip the pin bit well enough! Can anyone recommend anything? or is there a specific tool for keeping something still whilst turning something else.

I tried pliers and other things but they're all crap!

Any advice appreciated :)

what are you doing are you changing the shocks for new ones if so when i do it either a good set of mole grips or cut through the old shock stem.
just remember if you cut through make sure be car is jack up so the back wheels are off the ground and no tension is on the spring,,,

They're being removed and fitted to Ems K10 instead of replaced, so cutting them off isnt an option! Cheers for the suggestions though, i'l try getting some mole grips or something

Right it's all good!! I went and bought one of these >>

7-thingy.jpg

and i've got one of them off. I'l do the other one later! think i might go back to frauds and buy a decent jack

Lidl's were doing a 2 tonne jack for £25! You should go check it out, it might be rubbish build quality but it's £25!

Dad just told me there is some bolt in the car somewhere that is the right size to hold them lol!!!

a 6mm spanner does the trick too mate - thats what we use at our workshop anyway - bit sore on the fingers holding a dinky little spanner but it works a treat!

Daz

Back