Help, removing bumper

So I was removing the front bumper, all went well untill the last bolt, it goes through the bumper into a bit of metal below held by two flimsy arms that snapped, so now the bit of metal is spinning below and its not a nut and too thin to hold with anything so the bolt is just spinning and won't come out

Any suggestions?

IMG_20150626_210256381.jpg

Hi mate it looks like one of the 2 bolts that connects the leg end to the bumper, have you actually removed the bumper or is it still attached to the chassis and is your Micra a 2nd FL?

My front bumper has been on and off some many times now I can do it blindfolded lol!

Is it one of these bolts? The 2 bolts sticking out of the leg end are the main bolts that connect the bumper to the chassis!
P5100988A.jpg

The best way now to rectify the problem is to remove the bumper and sort out the stubborn not and bolt. I had this problem but I removed the whole bumper before removing these bolts. You will notice on the pic the 2 bolts sticking out of the box section leg end these are the main bolts that hold the bumper to the chassis.

First I jacked up the front end and removed the wheels to give better access to the wheel arch liners, I then remove all the fixings (screws/bolts) attaching the underneath of the bumper to the underneath of the front cross member then I removed the screws that fix the plastic wheel arch liners to the bumper and pulled back the liner so it hooked over the disc assembly which gave better access to the back of the bumper.

There is one self tapper that attaches the end of the bumper to the wing edge remove this, then up the inside of the bumper there is another self tapper that needs to be removed, if you have a 2nd FL on the drivers side you will have to remove the screen wash bottle which is a big pain to gain access to the upper inside self tapper and the 2 leg end bolts, then go to the front of the bumper and on each side there is a bolt by the inside edge of each headlight that needs removing. Then go back into the wheel arch and remove the 2 leg end bolts on the drivers and passenger sides the bumper should then wriggle off with not much effort!

Then you can remove and fix the seized bolt, I re-glued the bolt sleeve back to the plastic with gorilla glue it worked a treat!
I hope the above makes sense lol! o_O
If you need any more info please ask or take a gander at my blog "Rouge 5"!

Cheers
Andy :D

thanks for the detailed reply andy!

Just got it there, mole grips as tight as they would go and the head of the bolt sheared off, but the bumper is off now and it can do without that bolt, theres plenty more to hold it

It was the bolt at the bottom of your picture with the clip bit, the arms just snapped when i tried removing it, leaving the bottom of the clip spinning

Looks easier the way you have removed it leaving the metal box section on? i left that bit attached to the car, but now i know for next time

thanks again mate

thanks for the detailed reply andy!

Just got it there, mole grips as tight as they would go and the head of the bolt sheared off, but the bumper is off now and it can do without that bolt, theres plenty more to hold it

It was the bolt at the bottom of your picture with the clip bit, the arms just snapped when i tried removing it, leaving the bottom of the clip spinning

Looks easier the way you have removed it leaving the metal box section on? i left that bit attached to the car, but now i know for next time

thanks again mate

No probs mate it's a learning curve first time I removed the bumper took me 3+ hours last time 20 mins lol! :confused:

This was my lazy solution buy shiny new genuine Nissan leg ends and now it slips on and off like a well lubricated condom lol! :D
P5151079.JPG

Cheers
Andy :D

Back