removing gear knob

When i took mine off, I had to saw slots into it and crack it off with a huge flat bladed screwdriver. The remnants then had to be mole-gripped off. I doubt you'll get it off any other way :eek:.

I used a polygrip plier, when I took mine off 2 weeks ago. No cutting, cracking or chiseling.... Just a good plier, and some finger and arm muscles.... But it did´nt just pop off, you got to mean it. (Y)

Some gearknobs are glued AND screwed, some are only screwed and can be removed very easily, it looks like you have a glued one Jaul, you have few solutions if you want to remove it, either heat it, or a good pliers featuring some good muscles from bruxelles
637659169_small.jpg
as it's said above.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFJO5LcWGfk
I.WANT.MUSCLEZZZZZZZZ.
Good luck !

Removed it today, twisted straight off with a little brute force. No need to cut it and can still be put back on if required. Replaced with leather and alloy knob and new leather gaiter.(Y)

Removed it today, twisted straight off with a little brute force. No need to cut it and can still be put back on if required. Replaced with leather and alloy knob and new leather gaiter.(Y)

May I ask ? Gonna do it anyway : Which gaiter have you fitted ? Universal jobbie, og tracked down a Micra-specific one ? Pic please.... :p:p

did this the other day, i recevied a leather Nismo top from japan, found a much simple to quicker way to remove. first i tried prising away the plastic from the standard knob and twisting and breaking for the best part of half an hour, then i realised it would be much quicker to just chop the stick just below the old gear knob and then fill the new top with a hard setting resin, so now i have a new knob and a custom made short shifter ;)

did this the other day, i recevied a leather Nismo top from japan, found a much simple to quicker way to remove. first i tried prising away the plastic from the standard knob and twisting and breaking for the best part of half an hour, then i realised it would be much quicker to just chop the stick just below the old gear knob and then fill the new top with a hard setting resin, so now i have a new knob and a custom made short shifter ;)

cool shhhh,gald you didnt abandon the mission,any pictoids?

Back