Removing Crap in plug ports

I have an embarrassing ammount of crap that has gathered unter the plug gasket in on of my cylinders....(I suspect that it is cauling my compression problem in this cylinder) ....and I want to remove all of this junk without risking it all falling through the plug-port and into the cylinder(s)....
Does anyone have any tips on cleaning up the spark plug 'lands?' where the plug gasket compresses?

Ideally I could do with a very large 'grub screw' arrangement that I cold fit into the plug-port (deeper than the surface of the land) and then ALL of the crap could be scraped and loosened away and then Hoovered out...then the grub screw could beremoved with an allen key ???.......but I can't immagine that there is such a tool available...

Has anyone heared of anything like this or anything simmilar....otherwise If anyone has any tips for getting by this problem I would be very greatfull to hear them.....

Cheers all!!

Attachments

• PLug bits.jpg
    PLug bits.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 155
I'd just vac it out anyway, but I'm not that familiar with the MA engine yet so couldnt say for sure.

I'd turn the engine to get the piston at TDC, and use a vac attacment through the spark plug hole just incase anything fell in.

At work way back I used to use a length of plastic tube and wrap masking tape around the end of it to create a bung in the vacum cleaner hose, and as long as the tube is nice and thin it could get in a lot of awkward places.

Dont go off and do this just yet, as I expect someone else will have a better idea!

Do what my dad does. Attach a small home made pipe to the end of the hoover nozzle that is small enough to reach deep. U should have seen the state of Arnolds a few months back lol!!!

yes i admit they were a bit dirty, but i dont think they've been cleaned ever!

I used a hand held vac with a straw taped to the end to vacum bits out of awkward places (admittedly usually in side computers!) and a can of compressed gas to help blast the dirt loose - the cans usually come with a long thin staw attached to make it easy to get into narrow places.

Would probably help you with your cleaning Sammo - try computer shops for keyboard cleaners for the compressed gas.

i use compressed air from a big compressor at work but i guess a can of compressed air meant for cleaning computers would work

Back