pool of oil in spark plug well...

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
went to change the plugs yesterday. and pulled the lead out only to hear a squelch and find a pool of oil in the 3rd plug well. im guessing its coming from the rocker cover. theres a seal right at the top which seals it from the rocker cover and the plug tube. it seems to be pooled up here and is then running down to the bottom of the well.

otherwise the only other option is that its got a blown head gasket and its actualy leaking from the head into the well. lets hope not. it doesnt have any oil in the coolant, but it miss firing which i think is due to the lead sitting in oil which has deteriorated the end of it.

any help would be appreciated.

im also guna need a new lead or set of leads if anyone has some they wana get rid of!!

cheers, tris

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
tris ur right bout the rocker cover o-ring seal, happened on mine from removing the cover so many times over the years. just grab another from scrappies. maybe change the rocker cover screws to new allen bolts if possible while r at it.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
the earlier k11 had the ignition coil in the distributor. later engines (i think its from facelift versions) had coil-over leads where each sparkplug had its own coil (which looks like black cubes over each sparkplug on the rocker cover.

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
oh sorry, wasnt sure what it was to be honest haha.

what i mean is the bit on the end of the plug leads, that sits inside the plug wells. basically the part after the rubber seal on the rocker cover. thats the part that is deteriorated, right where it plugs into the spark plug.

is that all part of the lead of you get a set of bosch leads?

Back