Removing arm rest and door panel

:down: I'm stuck! I need to remove the front door panel's on my 2001 K11 to renew the door speaker's. Can anyone help please. How can I remove the door armrest?' There aren't any visible screw's around the armrest or visible means to access any screw's. I have tried to prise off the armrest, or plastic mouldings around it but sadly, to no avail. It must come off, but how?

I had the same problem. There is a removable plastic piece that needs levering off to allow access to 2x screws

:glare: Thanks for the prompt reply wehey. But what plastic piece do I have to remove? The armrest it seems won't prise off, so that leaves the plastic part underneath it. Is this the part to lever off and if so, where do I start to lever it off from please.

Hopefully yours are the same as mine

photo-9.jpg

(Y) Once again many thanks wehey for the swift reply and to top it all the photo. The photo of the door panel look's the same as it is on my car. I will have a go at removing the door panels again using your very clear info for the same. Will post back and let you know how I got on.

:laugh: Took a little force to pull the top part of the armrest off. But it's done and the new MAC audio speakers are now fitted after a little change of the wiring set up. All back together without any damage and the sound is great. Couldn't have done it without your input, so many thanks Wehey!

Excellent mate. Glad it worked out well :)
After all the help I have had on here it's good to give something back at last !!

Back