Remote key issue

Yo whats happening guys!

I was (and still am, in a new form) Lord Sterling on here much time back with the clean original Blue K11 ally and also a penchant for Rover 800s.

Sadly, since then it got bashed into but just before that, I "won" a late 2002 K11 Micra Tempest in a raffle.

ANYhow, I've got a very strange problem with the K11 Tempest....

My dear ole' Mum (bless her) lost the original plipper key for it, so, I went and replaced this, but went the long way about it; I bought an replacement keyfob and a chip, got the chip programmed through a mate for £30, I programmed the key to car, but then nothing seemed to have happened...

Eventually I found that the plipper on the key did actually work, but now no matter what I do, to open the door, the 'unlock' button needs to be pressed twice in quick succession to unlock, locking is only pressed once. Poor old Ma' doesn't have the reflexes she once had to use the plipper key to unlock the car.

So what gives? On videos and whatever, I see the fob is pressed once to open and once to close.

I have got a video showing this but unsure how to upload it here (is it still the old way via other host sites?)

Last edited:
There are different types of fobs. And you have the wrong one.
Its a security feature to prevent accidental unlock.

Eh? I have the correct fob, that I am sure of (I also didn't mention what fob I have).

But you also mention a security feature?

I've seen other fob being pressed once to unlock and once to lock.

On mine its twice in quick succession to unlock and once to lock, so surely it is not a security feature.

Nope, I think something is amiss somwhere, just not sure where to start.

Nissan used the same style fob on more cars. And they are interchangeable. But Not all work the same some are 2 quick clicks to open. Some are just 1. You have the round black fob with the key on it. Not the longer oval one with a black and red button that’s separate from the key.

Back