Remedial tricks for removing front indicator?

So I spent about 20 minutes earlier trying to replace the bulbs in my K11's front indicators... I managed to get the right-side one done, but the left is almost impossible to reach due to battery and coolant bottle in the way, and I succeeded only in scraping the cack out of my left hand.
I can get a finger under the offside tab of the bulb holder, but can't get a good grip to apply much torque. Am I missing some totally obvious trick for doing this, or do I have to remove the whole damned light cluster? :mad:

Hmm, that might give just enough elbow room (literally :)) to get a better grip and twist that poxy thing out. The antifreeze bottle is in the way too though, really don't wanna have to move that too! Who'd have thought such a simple task would be so annoying...

Hmm, that might give just enough elbow room (literally :)) to get a better grip and twist that poxy thing out. The antifreeze bottle is in the way too though, really don't wanna have to move that too! Who'd have thought such a simple task would be so annoying...
the antifreeze bottle you talking about it far as i know a radiator overflow. i think its held by two 10mm bolts. very easy to undo to if you struggling

Heh, left the job for my girlfriend while I was out... she found an old bicycle seatpost clamp that fits the bulb holder, threaded a cable tie through it and yanked it loose. Sorted, maybe she can do the knackered CV boot next :D

Back