Red Dwarf

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Did anyone see the new episode on Dave?

Such a dissappointment, hopefully it is a lead to something bigger and better in the following episodes.

What's your thoughts?

I half watched it...and from what i saw, it just didnt have the same feel of the original...most of the jokes imo werent even that funny.

Though i guess it was to be expected, imo its been to long between the series.

Tbh i turned it off about 10 mins from the end.

i watched it, and i also watched the build up on the dave web site..

its not meant to be the same as seriese 1-7 because that was shot in front of a live audience with cheapo cameras, whereas this was all shot on huuge sets with green screen and using high def cameras. it is meant to be a special "end of an era" type programme.

if your into red dwarf as much as i am you will be gratefull that the crew are back together at all!!

"boys from the dwarf"

I watched it - was kinda of odd. I missed the canned laughter and the cheap props, it was half the fun. Ad in the middle felt really odd.

However it was still worth watching I think, even if it was "worse than series 8"

I wasn't impressed, hopefully my opinion will change for the second one tonight, but the lack of a studio audience didn't help matters.

Even series 7 with its laughter track was better. Let's hope it gets better when they get back to Earth!

The only one that hasn't aged terribly was cat lol. It wasn't the same without the audience and I hope it improves in the next episode

funny you's should mention the audience (as said i was half watching it)...think it was one of the first jokes...after it happened and there was total silence, my initial reaction was thinking "ooo that didnt go down to well" until i realised there was no audience to react.

seemed a little bit like a fan made episode tbh...or am i being harsh?

U know what I think they should just go back to their roots cheap, naff and funny. Just looked too nice and shiny and yeah I missed the canned laughter too. Just didn't seem right to me. They all seem to look so old too apart from Kryten lol.

U know what I think they should just go back to their roots cheap, naff and funny. Just looked too nice and shiny and yeah I missed the canned laughter too. Just didn't seem right to me. They all seem to look so old too apart from Kryten lol.
They actually only used canned laughter in series 7, series 1-6 and 8 were performed live in front of an audience! Those were the days!

I'm actually out tonight but i've set the Sky+ to record the new one, I hope it improves!!

All of the episodes weren't bad - however I didn't feel it was the same as before, probably due to the serious lack of laughter!
Danny John Jules' toned body in the pink diving suit and the Carbug Smart made up for it though :) He's a proper legend in the flesh too!

I thought that the idea was pretty lame, there needed to be laughter and it was all a little forced.

3rd episode was definatley the best, hopefully they will get teh funding for that film though!

Back