• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Red 97' K11 from Edinburgh - Updates 11/11

Hey,

So here's a wee build thread for my K11, which I bought standard in July.

I made my mind up that I wanted a pre-facelift, as I prefer the look of them to the later models. There was a lack of earlier Micras for sale locally, so I searched a bit further afield. I found one that ticked all the boxes of what I was looking for sale in Newcastle - so I jumped on the train and bought it !

Its a 1.0 Shape model, with 60,000 miles. Here is how it looked when I bought it -

WP_20140718_001.jpg

Before I even bought a Micra, I had a good idea of what mods I want to carry out on the car. I set about searching for the parts I was after, and kept a look out for a decent set of wheels. Once I had a few parts, and wheels, it was time for the modifications to begin.

With the help of a few mates, the car is now fitted with...

-Chopped lowering springs

-Nodspeed panhard rod

-Weller 13x7 steels

-Neo chrome wheel nuts

-Bennen neo chrome tow hook at the rear

-Renault Espace front splitter

-Yellow wrapped headlights

- Pressed UK plates

- "Stickerbomb" wrapped roof

I also removed the pinstripes from the sides of the car, and the door lock sticker thingies.

Here's how the car looks now -

DSC01355.JPG

DSC01356.JPG

I still have a few mods planned for the car too... Thanks for reading !

Two of the wheels came with new tyres, so I just replaced the other two bald tyres with a pair of the same size. I think it makes the car appear more "chunky" too !

So, since my last post, I fitted my pink wooden steering wheel, along with a pink snap-off too. Both are NRG items that I ordered from the U.S.A. I also fitted a pink snooker ball gearknob :)

Just realised I can't load images for some reason....

Back