rear wiper delete rubber bung!

martinb

Ex. Club Member
need to know where i can get the rubber/plastic bung to cover over the hole where the wiper was

anyone know where i can buy from or someone selling one?

please help:down:

Bumhats, I thought halfords would have done 'em, I'd do a trawl of any other local motor factors too. Then a wander around the local brakers yard. Let us know how ya get on. Might be something I need at some point too.

ok measured this morning and the hole is exactly 25mm on my super s. On my phone again so please excuse the strange text!ha ha i did see a bigger size on halfords i'll post this and check there website people

right a simple search for "25mm grommit" on halfords and brought this up,cant do link from my phone but type this is search bar " hfx321 " catalogue number " 208116-0 "

There called 25mm blanking grommits

Only 1.49

I plan to wet and dry then primer,colour match etc.

Let u know how i get on.this could be the one

right a simple search for "25mm grommit" on halfords and brought this up,cant do link from my phone but type this is search bar " hfx321 " catalogue number " 208116-0 "

Only 1.49

Only 1.49

Only 1.49

i didnt thunk they where thaat big lol. my bad :S

i dont see the need to remove the rear wiper though...it comes in handy. fair engough if you have a stripped out micra like toneys your saving weight...but if you have all the interior in i dont see the point...you might aswell just buy a base model if you dont want a rear wiper.. or a base model boot so its doesnt have a wiper anyway and you dont have to cover the hole with a nasty looking rubber bung lol.

just my 2ps worth.

too big, oh ok i'll try smaller then,it measured at 25mm diameter though?

My car is completley white,de stickered,de badged
,De bump stripped,Currently colour coding rear boot handle to match and then doors
Its also got jet black tinted windows as well,cant really see a huge amount out of them anyway and cars will only be used now and again. Also if the basic model can get away with not having one,why cant i?

Its not for weight its for looks,the car is all white and clean with this huge horrible black wiper sticking out. It looks better imo,just need the blanking grommit,this will be colour coded as well if it takes to the spray can etc.

Was thinking of just getting a another boot but cant be arsed to swap tinted window and super s spoiler etc,also paint might not match

I'll have a look in halfords when i go in there and see what they have got?

im sure i tried to do this on mine with a 25mm blanking gromit from halfords and it just fell through the hole, if you're starting with a whole in the boot ie no rubber left from the wiper, i measured it a 32mm if i remember correctly. but i couldnt find one big enough anywhere, but dont quote me on this as i could be wrong

going to say i thought 17mm or 22mm was a bit small considering mine just fell through the hole and it was 25mm lol!

i'll double check today and see what i measure again. How hard is it to fiber glass,paint blend in etc? Modded where's your's off?

ah i see,not the selection pack from halfords then?

Some one said that some base models came with grommits already there?only base models ive seen are just smoothed boots?

no not a selection pack from halfords. i dont know where this base model not hoving one fitted has come from, as my brother has a low spec facelift and that has one fitted.

just let me know the size and ill see what i can do.

. i dont know where this base model not hoving one fitted has come from, as my brother has a low spec facelift and that has one fitted.

prefacelift base models ;) they just had a smoothd wiper hole from factory (not drilled out so didnt have a bung)

they fitted rear wipers to all facelifts :)

Some one said that some base models came with grommits already there?only base models ive seen are just smoothed boots?

oops already posted that, so to clear this up i need to find a base model facelift from scrap year etc?

Do you think i could order direct from nissan?

oops already posted that, so to clear this up i need to find a base model facelift from scrap year etc?

Do you think i could order direct from nissan?

Base model prefacelift:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Copy of STA70440.JPG
    Copy of STA70440.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 672
right measured again its infact 30mm,im kicking myself!

what a ####!!nevermind,checked halfords and they dont do one, really dont want to have to put the wiper back

superls--- 30mm mate,any luck?

They fit!!!!!

i can confirm these fit i have 5 of these left so if anyone wants one send a s.a.e to me and i'll let you have em for free!! :)

fitted all today after work and quick wash with autoglym bodywork shampoo and conditioner,

right.....

still need to remove one half of bump strip residue and complete new grill, also the rubber bungs fit!!! colour coding them so will let you know how it goes

now for photos

these are from my phone unfortunately

06052009259.jpg

06052009260.jpg

06052009261.jpg

06052009262.jpg

06052009263.jpg

06052009264.jpg

06052009266.jpg

06052009267.jpg

06052009268.jpg

06052009269.jpg

(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y) Indeed! Excellent looking Micra.

What wheels are they?

I reckon it would look even neater with the mudflap/wheel arch trim peices deleted too.

was thinking that aswell,not sure in condition of paint underneath though, still if its crap can always put back on? cheers

Back