rear brakes

nope just nose pliers to unclip the lower spring and remove the spring loaded caps holding the shoes to the backing plate, then you try to unhook the bottom of the shoe from the ledge with ya hand to release it. taking out the hub with a 30 or 27mm socket & breaker bar makes access much easier

aye if they've never been touched since new they require a good quality 6 side socket, some wd40 n heat and a mega breaker bar.

nope just nose pliers to unclip the lower spring and remove the spring loaded caps holding the shoes to the backing plate, then you try to unhook the bottom of the shoe from the ledge with ya hand to release it. taking out the hub with a 30 or 27mm socket & breaker bar makes access much easier

much much easyer having access it always is but could it be done with a bit(lots) of difculty without removing the hub nut?

much much easyer having access it always is but could it be done with a bit(lots) of difculty without removing the hub nut?

aye but will require alot more swearing blood sweat n tears, seemed almost krypton factor-like impossible till i decided to get the hub off

Hi guys

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this seemed a (mostly) relevant place for this :)

Ive got some problems with my girlfriends K12 rear brakes (and possibly other stuff on the car) and just wondered if these are the same as the K11 as I wanna check the rear brake shoes?

If so, how does the drum come off on these? Is it a whole hub off job? And if so, how do i do this please? If they are different across the different models then feel free to remove or move this post.

I'll do a "full story" post in the K12 section too. Thanks in advance! :)

Back