BRAKES!

P

Panjabi

I have a standard 1.0s K11 (2001) but recently I've started to feel that the brakes are a bit inefficient. I checked out the brake pads and they appeared to be fine albeit it all looks it bit rusty down there.

I want to replace the brake pads. Any recommendations? What else should I replace? I don't speed too much these days so driving properly I reckon I could get at least 5,000 miles from them. What kind of cost would I be looking at?

Need a really good braking system as I always have to stop in my area. We have idiot drivers who fly out of side roads and roundabouts regardless of priority - oh and pedestrians who cross from where ever and when ever they like.

Thanks

Black Diamond Predator pads are a good bet

not very expensive and an improvement on standard :)

Get yourself a set of either Almera, Sunny or 100nx brakes, these will more than adequately improve your brakes and still fit under yur steels

are the 100nx brakes better than the micra? they look the same size but are they better for stopping wit? i got a set but jus thought they were the same brake, are they?

Brakes are slightly larger and vented, calpiers fit, but you will need a washer to stop the disk rubbing on th epad and no, you can't use the same pads or disk as the Micra ones

Back