rear bench mounts

Spike

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave
Ive got 3 point harnesses for my bucket seats, im obviously going to mount either side of the seatbelt, but want to mount the third one on the middle seatbelt mounts, thing is, how do I get to this? my seats dont seem to flip forward or anything

any info would help

(Y)

Ok your going to have some fun and maybe a sore head.

Firstly I'd recommend removing the rear back rests (see haynes). for the bench you have to unscrew a few bolts (which you can only get to if u remove the back rests first) then you have to use a flat head screw driver to prise the front up. it's very tricky and in the end I just gave it a good hard tug and pop it went (hence the sore head from slamming into the roof)

meh, cant things be easy and just unscrew and pop out... im dreading this, im attempting it tomorrow, until ive smoothed the doors and done the poppers ill leave the benches in, but before long if this all keeps up ill end up losing the rear benches alltogether

thanks for the help tho, ill take some photos if I can and write a guide up on it

(Y)

tis well easy. just unbolt 8 bolts on the back of the seats, (go in from the boot) that will get your upright bits of the seat out of the way. then do two bolts for the bottom bit, then pull the front bits up out of their clips and you're sorted :)

the back seats should fold down easy :) and i think its all 12mm bolts that can also be undone with a philips screwdirver.

hmm, well im giving it a shot tomorrow afternoon, wanna get them in for the meet (giving stuff away now!)

If i wanna lose the rear belts, ive gotta lose the rear seats dont i?

there are SEVERAL different types of rear seat for the micra k11..

some that fold up, some that fold forward... and some that Split and do either..

yeah summat to do with if they can sit down there should be a seat belt - for the MOT.

Mine passed it fine because i've removed the bench but kept the rear back bench in (for security reasons for the boot).

kristian said:
there are SEVERAL different types of rear seat for the micra k11..

some that fold up, some that fold forward... and some that Split and do either..

i'm pretty sure they all fold forward tho? mine split and fold forward and i fitted the fold up ones on the bottom :)

NeX said:
i'm pretty sure they all fold forward tho? mine split and fold forward and i fitted the fold up ones on the bottom :)

not all of them.

some have hinges at the front.. and some dont.. i know this as fact..

anyway.. to help spike..

...if they fold up then you will find a locking point for the harnesses.. off not you will have to remove the hinges from the boot side of the bench..

I have to agree with Kris.

My 1ltr K11 had the standard flip forward bench that was split in two, however my SR had a fixed in bench as it's more designed for just two people.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture but can get one up at the weekend.

fair doos, i thought they all flipped down but maybe not :)

all the ones in my scrappy do :p

Back