Check your mounts

I've had a bit of a clicking sound from my engine bay when I let the clutch out for a while, so I did the decent thing and ignored it, over the last week it had become a really loud knock which could be felt through the floor of the car, so upon further inspection I found this,
182746ffaf94d6d90.jpg

this is the one from the drivers side, the rear mounting was also split but not as bad, I suspect the passenger side mount is as bad as this one, so thats on the "to do" list, the front mount has also got a fair bit of play in it but thats an easy one to do. The advice here is CHECK YOUR ENGINE MOUNTS PEOPLE before its too late.

gives you a good excuse to upgrade to nismo uprated ones :)

I'd also like to know where to get Nismo stuff (not just engine mounts) from - I've looked on the Nismo website & can't see the Micra/March listed anywhere, also it seems to be American based :confused:??

Are there any other uprated bushes available for the Micra? I've looked on the Powerflex website but they don't list the Micra. I installed Powerflex bushes (wishbone & anti-roll bar bushes) on my Audi coupe. It was already a good handling car but the bushes firmed everything up with no real loss in comfort either - definitely a worthwhile upgrade :)

The Micra's a fun little car but it's far too wobbly & could definitely do with firming up - it'd be even more fun then. I've no dosh for any upgrades at the moment but I'd definitely like to lower the car (nothing too extreme - only 35mm or so) & firm it up a bit, then get some chunkier wheels with better tyres fitted - hopefully these would be alloys but some fatter steelies (from an Almera maybe??) would probably do considering the budget's non existant!!

:)

Matt sells all the Nismo bushes for the K11. I've had them on for years, very good investment. They're quite harsh initially, but they settle down a bit and make a massive difference to the way the car responds. Only thing left to do on mine is the rear axle bushes, which will be done when the car is retired after it's last track day :)

Back