engine mounts

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
Hi,
In my recent gearbox swap I came across a little unsuspected problem. This was that my engine mounts had a break in the rubber. I have already exchanged the drivers side mount but I am having problems with the passenger side.
It seems to appear that they are non available within Australia. My local parts shop chased up the mount through four different companies before telling me of my news. My question to you guys out there is, where can i recieve one from?
I will use a second hand mount but I would rather a new one as I have replaced nearly everything else. Can anyone help me?
Thanks again,
mrh

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
You could get the rubber Nismo mounts and you could also try making your own mount using Flexane.

If it is the left hand gearbox mount that should be a fairly easy task.

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
They seem to have the automatic mount in and I think that it was rather cheap at $108 aus. however when it came to the manual it was a different matter all together.

I had a look at those websites you gave me and are the side mounts the same diameter as those on the rear and front? Same shape even?

I have a few guys looking for some mounts for me. You see I am borrowing my mothers car and i have had it for the last few months and now she wants it back. I am not being lazy but I have work commitments so time is limited. Thats why i need one like asap.
I just want my micra back.

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
Thanks for that site micra-man,
I will give them an email as too exchange rate etc.
It states that the left side mount needed to be pressed in. Was this the same for the other side and how much of a difficulty was it to get them pressed?
It looks like the cheaper option though so thanks for that.
mrh

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Depending on the exchange rate your credit card company charges (see http://www.xe.com for a rough estimate) you should end up paying less than A$300 delivered.

Matthew, can take credit card payment over the phone.

I would not send credit card details in an unsecure email.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Of course the car "vibrates" a little more. But that is to be expected.

To me, it's only really noticable when I first start the car up for the first time of the day. Once the car has warmed up or is at regular driving RPM I think it's fine.

My old mounts needed replacing, so after getting the Nismo mounts fitted, it felt like a different car the first time I drove it.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Three of the nismo mounts are replacement rubbers. You get the old mount press its rubber out and press in the new one. The front mount/buffer rod is a complete replacement item. Just get EMS/Airmail postage from the uk fella or perfectrun and they'll be here in 3-5days. Perfectrun's prices are far cheaper (almost half) then what japanparts.com list, if you were going by that?

below is an extract from an email about 6mths ago. prices/exchange will probably have changed since:

*087-210-003 NISMO BUFFER ROD ASSY FOR M/T; 2,500JPY (= currently A$30)
*087-210-002 NISMO REAR REINFORCED ENGINE MOUNT; 1,200JPY (= currently A$15)
*087-210-001 NISMO FRONT REINFORCED ENGINE MOUNT[2]; 1,800JPY x2=3,600JPY (= currently A$44)

Shipping was around A$100,

good luck with it,

Alex

CMF_mrh

» CMF Member
Thanks for all the info that you guys presented. What I ended up doing was buying an automatic mount then pressing out that new rubber and slotting it into my manual mount. In all I only spent $130 so even though the nismo parts were just as cheap $130 was better in the wallet than $300 odd. But I will purchase the nismo parts for further adventeures.
Thanks again
mrh

Back