Rear anti roll bar

I'm in need of an ARB for the back of my k11. It doesn't have one at the moment and it understeers horrifically! If there is a standard one that's worth having that would do but ideally I want a nice big one :D

Thanks in advance, Joe.

Also shouldn't my car have one as standard? Its a 1.3GX 1995. It definitely doesn't have one but there are brackets on the rear axle where one should be :suspect:

I'm in need of an ARB for the back of my k11. It doesn't have one at the moment and it understeers horrifically! If there is a standard one that's worth having that would do but ideally I want a nice big one :D

Thanks in advance, Joe.

if it was,nt fitted from new joe, then i doubt if you will have the welded brackets on the axle and chassis :eek:
and i doubt if a rear a/r/b will cure any understeer fwn

Lol, I had noticed :D changing the rear springs for stiffer items could well be a better solution but an ARB will be a lot more cost effective and will deliver the same result (Y)

I spent 4 years studying mechanical engineering applied to motorsport. Increasing rear roll stiffness increases front end grip (Y)

I don't personally. Have a search though! You say yourself that removing the front roll bar gives the front end more grip, fitting a stiffer one to the rear has the same effect!

A car understeers because the front wheels have too much load, stiffening the back end loads the rear wheels more during corners and as a result the front has less to deal with. why do you think all of the FWD touring cars lift the inside rear wheel when they're cornering? It's because the rear roll stiffness is high to promote front end grip.

all i can find are links that say that the rear a/r/b will reduce rear grip (and create oversteer) which is,nt "increasing" front grip surely ?
with our karts we gain as much grip as possible, then induce some slip to the front or rear to suit the drivers taste

"The other function of anti-roll bars is to tune the handling balance of a car. Understeer or oversteer behavior can be tuned out by changing the proportion of the total roll stiffness that comes from the front and rear axles. Increasing the proportion of roll stiffness at the front will increase the proportion of the total load transfer that the front axle reacts and decrease the proportion that the rear axle reacts. This will cause the outer front wheel to run at a comparatively higher slip angle, and the outer rear wheel to run at a comparatively lower slip angle, which is an understeer effect. Increasing the proportion of roll stiffness at the rear axle will have the opposite effect and decrease understeer."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sway_bar (Y)

Anyway, if anyone has one I'd quite like to buy it! Thanks :)

ARB's were introduced in 1996 that would explain your lack of.
So SR period. and updated pre-facelift-facelift grill.
aswell as different door cards in some models. rear speakers aswell.

Anyhow i have coilies and ARB and everyday i feel it slide just on the road. heaven forbid i ever touch a track with it.
Tyres are so important don't forget!

Is that front or back end slide? I like a fwd car setup to oversteer, there's more you can do with oversteer, understeer is rubbish :down:

Is that front or back end slide? I like a fwd car setup to oversteer, there's more you can do with oversteer, understeer is rubbish :down:
depends on what corner it is. Roundabout at 40 makes the whole car slide all 4 wheels - i blame tyres.
sharp country lanes the back steps out a little. front isn't really that bad until it rains. - but i blame the damn power steering! grr

Lol, I know my tyres are crAp but they all match so the back should be as rubbish as the front :p I defo need to get an ARB on the back, there are a few on eBay for £20 or less so I might just buy one off there. If it still understeers then I'll have to invest in a whiteline one but the car only cost me £200 so I want to do it on the cheap (Y)

Back