re has anyone ever had a similar prob on his k11 preface?

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
this happened to me the second time now,

the front left headlight bulb holder melts up and the headlight bulb kind of get's stuck in too.

I've purchased another holder from an accidental k11, but still after some time..this holder got melted again..it still works but sometimes it stops and I got to play with it as obviously it wouldn't be making any contact due to the plastic of the holder got melted....

I think a lot of current is being driven in that holder..IMO....would this be dumb of me if I add a resistance on this headlight's wire...

I would really appreciate your opinions about this guys!

cheers,
Ian - Malta

Yeh, Ive had this problem with both my k11's. first one i took one off an almera in the scrappy and that worked fine and sold it like that.
With my current k11 i had to change it 4-5 times because they had melted but at the minute its been ok for a while.
All i rekon is to keep changing it until you find one that doesnt melt.

Check you fuse box infront of the battery for oxidation of the fuse terminals. Most of us encounter this problem at some point and it usually requires the headlight connectors to be replaced and new fuse holders to be wired in to fix it properly :)

Yeh, Ive had this problem with both my k11's. first one i took one off an almera in the scrappy and that worked fine and sold it like that.
With my current k11 i had to change it 4-5 times because they had melted but at the minute its been ok for a while.
All i rekon is to keep changing it until you find one that doesnt melt.

ahhh that's too hassly to go round..! thank god I bought a pair of holdes..but as your statement I still got for one more melting time...hihi..

i think its got to do with what watt the bulbs you use are

damn!! once I have changed the bulb as I had bought a spare bulb kit off ebay... BUT from memory when I changed the headlight bulb.. I remember it was already melted in fact I had problems removing the bulb from the holder to put in the new one..

what'd you say if I change the headlight to a slight lower rating?

could it fix it..?

Check you fuse box infront of the battery for oxidation of the fuse terminals. Most of us encounter this problem at some point and it usually requires the headlight connectors to be replaced and new fuse holders to be wired in to fix it properly :)

I'll try tweaking around the fuses for some corrosion..never crossed my mind..could be, though I've never removed the large fuses for engine etc... but I'll try cautiously..

Back