Rattly boot lock.

Bmx_Bandit

Ex. Club Member
Anyone else has this probloem with thier 160 or any K12.
When your driving along it sounds like the boot has not locked properly, but it is shut?

Yeah,

i had this problem, got it fixed under warranty - they just replaced a piece of the lock i think - not sure what exactly. then the plastic cover over the hook broke and it made a god-awful noise so they replaecd that as well!

Yeah, it's definatley the boot lock. Sounds like metal on metal. It's bugging!

Gettin fixed on tue though(hopefully)

Hi there, the rattling noise is the catch and striker on the tail gate, I had mine done not so long ago, but it's rattling again now!!! I wonder if it's a design fault. Com on Nissan/Renault/Whatever buck up.

Most hatchbacks get the problem.

Some just get it sooner rather than later.

There might be some rubber stops on the hatch lid, lower areas. Adjust them out a bit and you might be able to rectify it. Otherwise you can try adjusting the alignment of the latch to hold the boot harder into the seals - this makes it harder to close but can eliminate the hatch rattle. Can also cause the hatch alignment to look a bit weird AND on my k11 it also causes the seals to squeak which is rather annoying! I currently wrap the latch in electrical tape as a "quick fix" so to speak. It works for about 2 weeks.

Hi - Just joined after getting a 55 plate Micra S K12.
I am getting a rattle from the tailgate. When I tested to see if it was properly shut, there was a tiny bit of play when you pulled on the tailgate. I took it back and the dealer adjusted the latch. It made it better but not totally fixed. Now I think the main rattle is coming from the black plastic cover on the bottom of the tailgate (inside). Where the wires come for the heated rear window, if I tap that panel I get that noise. I bunged it up with blue-tack to see if that made a difference, and it did to be honest. But again still happening.

Any more recent experience on this out there ?
Apart from this, I am delighted with the car. I was very sorry to see my old K11 go, but rusted f.sub frame killed it.
thanks
Steve

Back