Boot lock problem - but the switch is fine...

Hello all,

Apologies if there is already a post on this - I did a search and couldn't find an answer to my question.

I have a 2005 K12 3-door Diesel SE. I have a boot lock problem - I cannot open the boot. BUT. The switch is fine. When you press it the mechanism makes a clunk noise, but the lock doesn't disengage. I took the trim off the tailgate and the white plug from the switch out and triggered it with a screwdriver (bypassing the switch, as indicated by other posters) - same result: a clunk but the lock stays locked.

Any ideas? And does anyone know how I can open the boot from the inside?

Thanks for reading.

FYI the micro switch and the locking mechanism are two separate components, the common fault on these appears to be the micro switch but you may have a faulty locking mechanism

Yes, that's what I was thinking, but I'm surprised to see that I can't find anyone reporting a problem with the mechanism. Although some people replace it as part of fault finding.

The problem I have now is that I can't check the wiring to the mechanism because the boot is stuck shut. My car seems not to have the lever to open the boot from inside. Does anyone know how I can open the boot?

Back