boot lock

hi all,
ive got a 54 1.2 micra with the intelligent lock thing.. however, the boot has decided to lock itself and wont open unless i use the emergency lever in the boot (which is an undignifying climb through the car). The wires into the lock through the boot itself are all new, as the boot decided to chew through them ! and the boot rattle has also been sorted! What the question is, has anybody else had this? i thnik its probably a new boot lock so if it is and youve had it dont, could you possibly give a rough idea on cost!
]
cheers
Oli

hi

when you say the wire is new in the boot is that from the cabin throught the rubber and into the boot ie open boot and you see the black rubber on the o/s.

i would say if the above has been replaced then it could be the switch and not the lock the lock only works when a signal is sent via the switch, best to go to the scrappy and try that it is cheaper i can get a price tomorrow for yo at work if you want

yehh thats what i meant!
right my mate works at a scrappy so ile get him to 'borrow' one if thers a micra ther, but if you dont mind getting a price that would be great!

Thanks
Oli

This happened on my k12 and it was water ingress into the boot switch. It's quite a common problem.
Look out on ebay for a replacement boot lid switch and spend an afternoon changing it!

Don't try and buy the switch from nissan, you'll need a mortgage.

Ouch!

Back