rattling boot

B

bal

now i have two 12" subs in my boot and when i close the bootlid there is a rattling noise when the bass beat plays
the rattle does not occur when the boot is open

has anyone experienced this before?
im going to try and locate it tomorrow but im hoping one of you can save me alot of time

thanks in advance

Try stuffing the boot with insulation. This may cure the problem and also sound proof your boot. Micra boots always tend to rattle, especially with extra bass. Otherwise find out where it is and then see what you can do about it once you know exactly where it is. :)

mine rattles too. some noise is coming from the "numberplate" vibrating and the other noise is behind the "plate" where the "locking mechanisium" is.
the plate has nothing behind it (air) and because the plate is not very tight, it rattles.
not alot you can do im afraid???? or i dont think u can

originally posted by Napster
the plate has nothing behind it (air) and because the plate is not very tight, it rattles

i think you will be on about te same thing as me here - i took the metal plate off for where the rear wiper motor is and when i put it back on it wasnt very tight and hence rattled

i took it off again and made sure the clips and screws were in eac corner at least and made them as tight as pos and i aint had any trouble since........................touch wood

mackem_micra said:
i think you will be on about te same thing as me here - i took the metal plate off for where the rear wiper motor is and when i put it back on it wasnt very tight and hence rattled

i took it off again and made sure the clips and screws were in eac corner at least and made them as tight as pos and i aint had any trouble since........................touch wood

yeh mate, that would be correct.
ive got used to living with the rattle lol :) you can only hear it if your outside of the car.
all people hear as i come down the road is "rattle" then "bass", rattle", then "bass" lol.
in traffic, the people behind must be going crazy with the noise lol.

so u couldnt fix the problem?? my plate was not held on with "screws"?? they are little "black, poppers" and exspand when compressed??

napster

Yeah a few of the Push n pop things snapped in mine so i had to make do with only about 4 - one in each corner near enough

the only other thing i can think of is posibly double sided tape or something of the sorts but it will be a biatch to get off if you want to be into where the wiper motor is?!

other than that am fresh out of ideas - hope it helps(Y)

well i had a go at stopping the rattles today

first i had to trim down my false floor and move the whole install an inch backwards because the box was vibrating against the bootlid, when closed

then i had to peel up the felt and add extra screws to make the box sides stop rattling

then i took off the number plate and trimmed the back edges with cloth to stop it vibrating against the boot

then add washers to that "handle" thing above the number plate to lift it slightly off the boot and stop it rattling

then took off the metal plate in the boot lid and jammed sponge in between all wires and the locking mechanism, and trimmed the edges of the metal plate to stop that rattling

and ofter all that when i close the boot IT STILL RATTLES REALLY BADLY!!

any ideas? (its k11 by the way)
you can only hear it outside but i still want rid of it because ive put in so much effort im not going to have a half job

yer i had it and found that it was my high vis brake light, mine was actual inside the metal bit inside was ratteling.

hope this helps

Back