Rattle bang on 3000 revs

So I took off the heat shield from the cat and did the jubilee clip mod to the manifold down pipe, I'm still getting a little rattle at 3000k ......to put my mind at rest, I'm no engine guru, but do the cams switch over at a certain rev? It's a 1.3 sr....? It does this at a standstill or going along... Any ideas appreciated cheers , it's hardly anything but just a little annoying as not noticed it before mainly cos it's summer and now driving with windows down. Thanks

Worn loose gear linkage bushes? Lightly nudge the stick back abit while cruising in 5th 3k to apply some load across the bush and see if the buzz stops.

Also check for loose bolts on the engine.

Had someone sit in the car and rev it up, it is the Cat....mmm rattly inside so nothing I can do unless I drill a screw through it.
Maybe time for a treat - Does anyone know where I can get a Janspeed (or other 4-2-1) and have it fitted - Oxford area ideally -as I don't have my own Ramp. Also does the 4-2-1 manifold setup allow you to put a Cat inline or is it only a straight through pipe...time for some research I think, but they do sound lovely...

Back