Heat Deflector Rattle - Any ideas How Best To fix?

Hi again, only thing left on my lengthy fix list is the heat deflector rattle.

It's rusted and broken away in areas near to the connection to the manifold. If I hold it with a piece of wood, the rattle goes. But I cannot see any easy or obvious way to cure it. Wandering if any of you have had that and what clever ways you may have come up with to cure it? Bar that it's running like a sewing machine.

The rattle only occurs at certain rev ranges and on change down and brake.

Cheers

OP
OP
And was fearing you might say that :) .... yes getting lazy, was hoping a clip or such like might have done the job.

In reality how essential are they? And indeed what are they actually doing or protecting against?

Cheers

OP
OP
Hi again, just wandering if you can actually buy these to replace? It's the longer cover towards the front that's gone.

Did a search but cannot see anything except the manifold heat plate.

Cheers

OP
OP
Hi again, thanks for the image,

no it's the longer thinner one that wraps around the exhaust towards the base of the manifold ... just behind the gearbox, roughly in line with the front of the door. Can see the manifold ones for sale easy enough but the longer exhaust wraps don't seem be available.

Just remove it completely. They're just annoying. The only ones I keep are the engine bay ones as I have aircon, and the one directly below the gear stick.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Agree that Agent_Smith and was the plan but amazingly I just found and fitted a 106 exhaust clamp around the offending area and amazingly it has fixed the rattle. Long shot.

How long could you have spent moving and adjusting that to work? For once .... a first time fix. Very happy.

Excellent. We like easy fixes. Better to do that for now as the one around the second o2 sensor can be awkward to remove.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Is the beauty of these things .... there's a great skill base out there (you lot :) ), great cheap materials and cheap parts, easy fixes as you say and great modification options.

Is hard not to like Micra K11's. Have to say baring an accident or legislation changes, it's hard to see us not deploying ours for a good long time to come. You just can't kill them! :)