radiator flush

well i got a few days off now and want to do something for the purple hobbit,i'm always on top of servicing but haven't done the radiator,exept for a top up,so wanting to fully do it,searching around the results are always drain and refill and hope for no air blocks,so i'm thinking to undo the drain plug on the radiator (if there is one? if not then undo the hose) and as fluid comes out fill the top with a hose to keep a nice steady flow so not to alow the fluid level to drop and hopefully no air block! wait till the water runs clear and then put the correct amount of anti-freez in,will this work? also i've read that the engine is supposed to be left to idle for around 10-15minutes with the heater on during this process? anyone shead some light on this please as to wether this will work or if i'm completly wrong,cheers:)

cheers frank,one more question though, when engine is idleing with heater on max,can i stilll run water through the radiator or do i have to put the caps/hose back on so is all sealed up? thanks

cheers frank,one more question though, when engine is idleing with heater on max,can i stilll run water through the radiator or do i have to put the caps/hose back on so is all sealed up? thanks
that,ll be fine mate, tophose off, and some rag stuffed in the rad tophole, then leave the hose running where the radcap goes eh :)

Back