Replace Radiator on K11c

Hi All.

Neewbie here, as they say in the radio biz long time listener first time caller.

Had my Micra for a few years now and unfortunately it seems the radiator has a leak and it needs replacing, ive checked the hoses and they look intact with no leaks but the corner of the radiator its seems is where the fluid is discharging from.

Been reading on the web and it seems like a relatively easy task to change, but ive have a few question i before i start,

1. how do i remove the two round black rubber discs that seem to be somehow holding the radiator in place.
Is this all that is holding the radiator in place?

OkBjhP5.jpg

2. How do i actually take the radiator out, i have a pipe that is linked to the air conditioning in the way, see pic. Even if i remove the clip that is holding the pipe in place it dosent look very maneuverable, advice please.

VToShzL.jpg

3. Can some provide some instruction on how to remove the radiator on this K11c, i cant see anything obvious holding the radiator place.

4. Ive been on Eurocarparts they only have the EIS brand radiator, are these any good? can someone recommend a good brand

I have attached some picture to illustrate my point, hope this helps.

Thanks peeps.

Hello Blackbeard

If i remember to the bottom side of the radiator you must see another 2 holes
You must first release the radiator from the bottom in order to release it from the top

Be careful with the A/C pipes !!

Good Luck!

You have to remove the upper cross member. Simple job

At both ends are 2x bolts, These need removing along with the bonnet catch And maybe a few other bits (can't remember exactly)
Watch out as the 2 x bolts are normally rusted so soak with some WD40 or similar over night

Back