Question about brakes

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Why would my middle peddle be jumping up and down even though I've got new brakes on the front?The old ones were warped from track use. . .

I know the rear shoes have a bit left on them but could it be uneven wear on the back?

Also I have changed the wheels I wonder has this got something to do with it? Caliper hitting the spokes when the brakes are applied? although I doubt it's that extreme

Probably won't see much but here's a pic of the clearance on the new brakes.

DSC00129.jpg

barry

i would get someone to hold the pedal down lighly (engine off) and feel for any tightspot on each wheel :)

The disks may not be totally flat on the hubs. Were the hub faces clear of any rust dirt etc?

wow that isn't much clearance at all! thought of going to 15s?

I have 15's but I have full slicks on them for track use,looks tight but drives fine when crusing

barry

i would get someone to hold the pedal down lighly (engine off) and feel for any tightspot on each wheel :)

The wheels have new tyres and are balanced

The disks may not be totally flat on the hubs. Were the hub faces clear of any rust dirt etc?

Yes, cleaned up with a wire brush

Did you use old pads with the new discs?
Yes I got a set of used nissan pads with the gti-r brakes but the pad suface seemed flat I would'nt have put them in otherwise

no barry, as in, tight spot on each brake, unequal thickness discs or oval drums will give you a pulsing pedal eh

no barry, as in, tight spot on each brake, unequal thickness discs or oval drums will give you a pulsing pedal eh

Now come to think of it the friction material on one off the shoe's broke off about two trackdays ago and I just replaced that one,probably a stupid move but it was a new spare shoe I had lying around . . .I should have replaced the set?

I don't remember it being this noticable until I threw those 14's on it

well the brake wear does not look even at all on that wheel...

well the brake wear does not look even at all on that wheel...

Just drove the car out of the garage and took that photo?

I've to get new redstuff pads anyway just put these in for the momemt moneys tight round xmas lol. . .you reckon thats it Ed?

yes you should put brand new pads on them anyway, and make sure the disks are totally degreased.

Back