Quad throttle update

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
The throttle body install is nearly there. Took it for a test drive and sounds awesome. The airbox has probably toned things down a bit but it makes all sorts of whistles and hisses on desceleration and of course a nice bark above 5000rpm. The biggest change is that it pulls all the way to the red line (around 7500) and wants to go there. Get to feel the big cams doing their stuff. The car actually drives smoother and is more progressive and idles very cleanly (bugger, as I liked the really lumpy idle!).
Whereas previously power dropped off around 6000rpm it now keeps on going on a straight trajectory. Dyno sheet is not spectacular in terms of power increase - around 10HP ATW but the seat of the pants feeling is very nice.

This has been a big job and wouldn't be for the faint hearted. Much, much easier to bolt on a turbo and have fun. Anyway, I'll be be able to give more details over the next week but its not far from having a proper flogging!

The next step will be using a better fuel than BP 98RON so could advance the timing alot more.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
Looks awesome mate,

Noticed the temp sensor in the little intake chamber..where do you get the plug for that?? I've got the same sensor for my micra's ECU but not wired in because I couldn't find what sort of plug i needed for it!

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
spotto for you the other day.. i pulled up at a set of lights and saw you and was creaming myself listening to your car idle hahahahaha i was in my hilux

sweet work man, us perth guys should oragnise a meet sometime

(all 3 of us :p )

Back