k11 throttle

CMF_lawrence

» CMF Member
thanks to all the info on soldering the throttle body on my k11 . My symptoms wre intermitent loss of power, stalling and massive flat spots on acceleration. So I did all the normal checks, fuel filter,air filter,plugs even found a big crack in the dizzy cap,so renewed it,finally changed the fuel pump. But all to no avail.So after reading all the tech data on throttle body I took the cover off and got my son who is a Tv technition to come and have a look at the board. He proceded to tell me the 3 main soldered jounts all looked a bit suspect. So on he went and resoldered them. What a difference, immiedietly the problem was solved. So many thanks to the chap who posted all that tech data on the subject. One thing I would like to know is why it plays up like that when those joints are dry and not making contact propally. Can any one answer this question please

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
its prob cos when the joint dries it forms cracks seperating the terminal from the board and the surface of the crack oxidises further reducing conduction, coupled with the harse vibrations of the engine this comprimises the AFM signal to the ecu

so then it runs normally when it receives a signal but but when the signal is gone, the ecu doesn't know how much air there is and goes to backup limp mode until the signal comes back.

Back