Quad throttle bodies install

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I've had the throttle body kit for a while now (Jenvey item sourced through Mathew at Humphris of Oxford) but finally decided to bite the bullet and organise the installation.

This hasn't been a simple decision as the position of the throttle bodies/trumpets necessitates ditching the brake booster (will also lose alot of the vacuum to run the brake booster anyway) and there may be other unforseen issues to deal with (as usual!).

Anyway its a happening thing and look forward to posting some video eventually of the beast on full song!

CMF_Madrabbit

» CMF Member
Looks very nice.

Keep us updated with photos of the install.
It doesn't look like there's going to be a lot of room for air Filters!

If Matthew has supplied them I guess they'll fit.

I'm going (eventually) a slightly different route on my rally car using motorcycle throttle bodies on a home made manifold.

Good luck

Warren

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Will be fabricating an air box that will attach between the trumpets and throttle body. This is better than foam filters attached to trumpets anyway as less restrictive and can source some cool air from outside the engine bay. I'll post pics as it progresses.

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Nissanmania,

That's awesome !. All the parts in the kit certainly look like they are first class quality. That's a nice straight inlet manifold.

Your micra will be the only known one in Australia with a quad throttle body setup. It will certainly give you more power for your next hillclimb event. Yes the airbox idea is the way to go. Good luck with the installation !.

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow top work Nissanmania,

I would have loved an NA micra with that setup.

I can't even imagine the induction noise.

Yeah they do look very high quality.

Fantastic.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
This is a kit organised by Mathew at Humphris of Oxford (at www.humphrisoxford.co.uk/motorsport.asp ). The manifold was manufactured by Jenvey originally for Nissan Motorsport Europe for their Micra kit-cars so it should be a pretty well researched item.
It included fuel rail and all the bits you can see in the picture. It does require some work to get fitted but is pretty easily organised. The major issue is that the brake booster in RHD versions is in the way. This doesn't seem to be an issue in the Mullholland kits as their manifold is shorter which may be suboptimal but a compromise to make it fit? You can see in the photo above the master cylinder is mounted with a spacer minus the booster. If the brake effort is too great may move to a master cylinder with a smaller diameter bore.

The injectors are second hand items - I think from a Nissan Primera, but I'm checking the specs on these. Couldn't use the stock Micra ones as too thick at the base to fit in the casting allowed at the base of the manifold.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Airbox is taking shape. Fiddly because need to have trumpets bolted in prior to attaching airbox to block. Can see throttle position sensor located at left-most throttle linkage. Will then fabricate an air feed into box from pod filter.

CMF_NissTrust

» CMF Member
looks very good, great choice of ecu, what did the quad throttle body setup cost you in the end, parts alone? Is there a distributor in melbourne that sell the jenvey quads by any chance?

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
1,000 UK Pounds ex VAT incl freight for the whole kit - so not a cheap option. Not many likely to follow my road unless they're completely nuts! Would be cheaper to modify CB600 throttles to suit but a fair bit more work and won't be as neat. Mullholland items also an option if you can communicate in Japanese. Don't know if there is an Australian distributor.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
The heads have been ported and polished, probably like yours. High lift cams to help breathing. Hoping the quads will help the breathing a whole lot more.

It already sounded pretty hot under power and very cammy at idle. The quads should add a bit more to the sound track.

I'll post a clip on YouTube for the world to see and hear!

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Yes, I've done the flywheel/clutch - Datrats item and Exedy clutch. Driveline, other than Gripper LSD is stock and should be OK without the massive power increase of a turbo conversion.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
i think ive got them somewhere at home, ill post them up for you low. also rudy nissanmania did get it running, there are post on here somewhere of his dyno results. car was for sale a while back- not sure what happend to it.

Back