QG18 Throttle Body

Was thinking of fitting one to my C/P only to find the QG T/B is fly by wire, any ideas on what i can fit that would be a direct ish fit and make a difference, if at all, and if really needed, bearing in mind an impending turbo setup.

Was thinking of fitting one to my C/P only to find the QG T/B is fly by wire, any ideas on what i can fit that would be a direct ish fit and make a difference, if at all, and if really needed, bearing in mind an impending turbo setup.

Doubt it's worth the hassle.

Look into GA15 TB

i did think that, but mine being a CP lump i wasnt sure on the throttle body difference and fitment.

cheers stani, i will stay as i am then, only gonna be running low boost ie 150bhp, 6-10psi ish, if it will be ok, no point in changing it

i think its only the series 2 QG that was drive-by-wire AJ, the series 1 is a square 50mm t/b with no inbuilt maf iirc

A bigger throttle body surely cant let more air in when its being forced in, the CP throttle body's are slim iirc compared to a CG one but I'm sure nis and Jim-gr are running stock TB at over 200bhp

Well i am only wanting to run 150ish bhp, so looks like if it aint broke, it dont need fixing :) think i will stick with what i have. Frank is the 5mm difference worth it? or even needed and would it even fit?

Back