Putting stock front brakes on rear

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Just had a thought before. I've replaced my stock brakes with evade's old fronts, so N14 calipers, RDA rotors, etc.

Was wondering if anyone's bothered replacing the stock rear drum brakes with the old stock fronts.

If it's not worth it, no harm done :)

Cheers,

---dens

CMF_95LX

» CMF Member
Does the N14 Pulsar have disks on the rear??? that would have provision for handbrake. seems everything else matches - why wouldn't the rear brakes? Novice at these mods but seems to be a N14 pulsar with a smaller body!

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
You would need to weld a caliper mount to the rear axle, as there is no provision to mount it. It would be easier to find a super s rear axle assembly & fit it up. Dont forget you need a different master cylinder for disc rear end (different psi crack point on the rear brakes, aswell as different pressure)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Tried out what? My new brakes? I've had them on for about 2 weeks now, never really pushed the car hard enough to get fading (no trackwork on it since I bought it) but i'm sure it'll come in handy on the 28th - got a funday at Winton Raceway. Hopefully will have exhaust fixed, suspension and short shifter done in time.

I do feel the difference though, the brakes are awesome :)

---dens

Back