Brakes from Almera 1.4 to Micra k11 1999

Hello everyone! I have replaced my old 1.0 engine with 1.3, and now I need better brakes:). Previously I was thinking about brake calipers from Almera GTI, but I have very good winter tires on 13' stock rims and I do not want to buy new tires for winter. I'm thinking about front brakes from Almera 1.4 N15. Do you know whether if I put these brake calipers in my stock 13' rims will fit in?

I had problems with caliper clearance with 13" steelies on my almera 1.4, small slip on spacer probably would have remedied it

Sent from... My phone

Eire said:
I had problems with caliper clearance with 13" steelies on my almera 1.4, small slip on spacer probably would have remedied it

Sent from... My phone

Really?! That's weird my 1.4 almera had 13's (I think they were stock) and that never had and issues whatsoever.

What year was your almera?

Off the top of my head it was a 99 or 00 with the Si wheels, It wouldn't bolt properly because the caliper touched off the inside of the wheel, it wasn't a stock steelie just one I picked from a scrap yard for my k11 as a spare

Sent from... My phone

I heard that I should chose calibers from Sunny n14 or Almera N15 before facelift because after facelift brakes disc are bigger (240mm). Thanks everyone for help! :)

Mine was a N reg so maybe the brakes got slightly bigger when they were facelifted

as far as i know there are differences between ABS 1.4's and non-ABS models in that they sport a slightly larger diameter disc but not thicker, doubt the caliper placement is different though. I 'll have a dig about AOC and see what I find

Sent from... My phone

Back