pros and cons of K10 and K11

A

Anima

hey people im wondering if you could help me weigh up the pros and cons of a K10 and K11. While my dad says he should be able to buy me a 1.0l m reg micra,im not going to entirely rely on his word, so im going to save up just incase, and buy my own first car.The thing is, as first cars go, i cant think of anything else apart from a micra. Micras are pretty underrated and therefore sell pretty cheaply.they benifit from nissan reliablilty, so would last me afew years. the only downside i have about a micra is that from the offset, the boot space seems pretty small. Aside from this, i had thought about some other cars....

ford fiesta mk3 - anything, an LX, whatever really.Good thing about them is there are millions around, so theyre pretty cheap, and theyre abit bigger then a micra.Though they might not be as reliable right?
fiesta mk4 zetec - would be abit nippy, and last a while, though most of them cost around £700-1300
fiesta zetec S - they look real nice,i would feel most happy with this car, but they cost about £3000 at least, while i could insure it (its only IG8), it might be pushing it a tiny bit.

as other cars go, there is the corsa, but i dont like the look of them. and i dont want to touch french cars like saxos, pugs etc.. even though i like the 106 quiksilver

if you get a mk3 fiesta do not touch the HCS engine ones, make sure its a zetec si or something.

k10 are probably cheaper but k11 are probably better, but it all depends on what you want from it in terms of tuning/how it looks and price.

im not bothered about tuning any of them. Especialy as my first car i would not wana tune it.
out of all of them, i like the zetec S the most in terms of looks, then the mk4 fiestas, and the micra and mk3 fiestas are a tie. However, i would not mind the old K10 micra if it is bigger then the K11 micra in terms of boot size etc...
out of all of these cars, which ones have folding down rear seats? i know the zetec S has 60/40 folding rear seats?

All Micras have rear folding down seats, but pre facelift K11s (except the Super S and SR) and all K10s do not have a 60/40 split on the rear seats, just one whole bench that drops down.

James said:
All Micras have rear folding down seats, but pre facelift K11s (except the Super S and SR) and all K10s do not have a 60/40 split on the rear seats, just one whole bench that drops down.

most k10's i've seen have a 50/50 split

ive just added another car to my list of options. a VW golf, any of the base models like CL 1.4 litre or 1.3litre. Are these good solid cars?Theyre IG group 6/7 for those specific models.

In terms of interior space, which car has the most space inside? A K10, or K11? also, which might have the biggest boot space, anyone got any pics.

I cycle, it would be a bonus if i could fit my bike in the car.I can dismantal the wheels quickly to help with space.

James said:

Just to confuse you, my mums 1995 K11 LX has 60/40 seats :blush:

micra all the way. my first car was a nova and was #### to drive. then i had two mk3 fiestas there like drivin a tin can and sound like one two. then got a mk2 fiesta there nice cars just a shame it was a ford then i moved to micras the best car i have had so far and am now on my second micra (all in 2 yr)

MK3 Fiestas seem to fall appart from personal experience of the ones I've seen. They do definately have better street cred however. K10 is getting on now, I wouldn't get one as a first car any more unless your an expert at finding the few good ones left.
K11 with low milage is an ideal first car. Superb engines far far better than any ford one, equally as reliable, and safer than a K10, better built than a fiesta etc..

Ed

Back