Daily Hack Comes to a sad end

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
Here is the result of a careless/drunk/asleep/uninsured/unregistered/stolen car driving fool.

It happened at midnight on Wed night and I got outside in time to see the car reverse off the back of mine and drive away. If I had not seen this for myself I would not believe that they could have driven away.

I gave chase in the Micra but to no avail. They must live near me because they disappeared too damn fast. And NO the radiator or motor wasnt leaking oil/coolant all over the road, otherwise I would have found them quicksmart.

Lucky for them I haven't found them yet......

This is the skidmark from the RH front wheel. Yes they came up the gutter of next door's driveway.

Attachments

• 18849.jpg
    18849.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
again... jeez I still cant believe it myself.. This shows the buckling along the rear quarter. The bottom left hand side of the rear window has popped out, and both doors do not line ou properly anymore.

Attachments

• 18853.jpg
    18853.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
And a pic of the car in it's glory days..... In summary I have a Gemini Coupe to sell, Reco motor with 40000 km on it. plus any other parts you want.

Attachments

• 18855.jpg
    18855.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 39

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
Ahhh man thats sucks ass. theres another way of looking at it tho.
Your lucky that you didn't have your (still unsold) Micra parked out there.

But it would have been so nice tho, to run out of your house and find their car was undrivable, and see them struggling to open their doors (all windows up, becauce of the cold) and notice that the cabin was filling with fuel, and as fate would have it, a fire started and..... lol bad joke.

Thats really sad Geoff i hope you find another replacement soon.

cisco

» CMF Member
Just another day in scumstralia - the country in which I was born and think is a hole full of crime and scum bags wit no respect. I am de-sensitised to this kind of thing that happens every day now.

I'm really sorry to hear your bad fortune with this mate. grrr. I hope you run into them on a dark night.

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Can you work out what colour the car was that crashed in to you by any left behind paint chips?

You said you gave chase, did you recognise the car make and model?

Any friends in the panel repair business who could keep an ear out for a car needing front end repairs!

Did you report it to the police?

cisco

» CMF Member
For sure.

Happened to my mate's Datsun in Sydney a couple of years back. Datto was parked out on the street, arsewipe swiped it very badly at night, and took off never to be seen again. Datto was uninsured. Suxors..

CMF_Geoff W

» CMF Member
I thank you all for your kind comments/suggestions. I am still mad but sort of glad that I didn't find them on the night otherwise I could be telling this story in jail...no kidding, never been so mad.

I got a pretty good description of the vehicle, pretty sure it was a CC Lancer coupe, base model, standard wheels with crappy hubcaps. White with bare plastic bumpers.

For those who don't know lancers too well. It's the coupe of the same era of the EVO III.

Yes it has been reported to the police, who did bugger all by the way. After taking 2hours to get to my place to have a look.

And all smash repairers are on the lookout for me.

It's soo sad because even though I had no intention of restoring it, the car was relatively rust free for a Gemi coupe and only had 89000 km on it :p (the odometer only reads till 99999 then clicks over to 0 again) It would have been a great base for someone to restore/modify without too many dramas.

Back