Problems with my knob..

Littlewood

Here comes the BOOM!
I'm having some real issues with my knob.

I've pulled it.

Twisted it.

Yanked it.

But I still can't get it off?

Help?

(My gear knob)

Antony....remember at JAE when you pulled that guys knob off and it smacked you straight in the face?

What im trying to say is dont let Antony get his hands on your knob...Gearknob

If its on a k10 it should twist off. It took some force but mine eventually twisted off. i think it comes off anti clockwise.

Lube your knob up with some WD40 then get some grips on it, I used a monkey wrench, try not to pop the shaft out of place though as that could cause serious problems

MSC's dodgiest thread ever?

Twist it off seems to be the preffered method of getting you knob off.

But does it twist back on securely?

Dont wont a floppy knob do I?

just make sure your knob doesnt smack you in the mouth when you pull it off, like dragon masters knob did at jae....

and make sure when you do eventually get your knob off you put in a safe place because your knob is something your not goin to want to lose trust me :D

I got it off.

Twisted the mother.

Then to my horror, I put it down and my dog ran off with it and burried it in the garden.

I twisted my knob off with one of those jar openers/oil filter looseners and it bloomin hurt!

my hand.

hahahahahahaha i have just sat back and watched the replys roll in i havnt had such a dirty mind in all my life

ok so that was a lie lool

there are some quality inuendo's in here.... and then there is just "come and look at my knob" and "my knob hurts" thats not even funny...

much

when i got my knob off it was just a quick twist anti-cock wise, but my other knob was alot harder to get off, it must have been glued or something cos i had to get the mole grips on the ######... left teeth marks in it and everything.

i ended up throwing away the knob with teeth marks in it and ordered a new one off ebay, i was driving a while with no end to my shaft at all and that hurt alot, especially if i had to quick shift the rod. but my new knob is a nice shiny one from a 2CV and its all round and smooth so it feels really great in my hand, its a pleasure to play with, and because its plastic it doesn't get boiling hot on a sunny day :D

Back